So here in Hawaii, the movement for marriage equality is at a head and it looks like it's likely that we'll be state #15 that accepts same-sex marriage (w00t w00t)!
Of course, the Evangelical Christians can't contain the love in their hearts, so they're rallying under the most despicable, horrific hate group NOM (the National Organization for Marriage) to promote the slogan:
"Let the people decide on marriage!" Every day I see dozens of disgusting filth standing around with signs with that slogan on it.
Tonight we're going to go stand in front of their little demonstration with placards of our own, hold hands, and kiss and be an awesome gay couple. Here are the slogans I was thinking of for our placards. I want them to be punchy and to the point (easily read by someone driving a car). Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions for changes or additions, or any criticisms!
- Hating gay people is NOT a FAMILY VALUE.
- So when do I get to vote on YOUR marriage?
- Civil rights are NOT a voter's issue.
- Happily married 10 years. Marriages ruined to date: 0.
- Marriage = IMMIGRATION. Without immigration, we couldn't be together.
- Would you prefer that I married your daughter?
- JESUS ON DIVORCE:
"Anyone who divorces and remarries commits adultery.” (Matt 5:32, Matt 19:9, Mark 10:11, Luke 16:18)
JESUS ON HOMOSEXUALITY:
Feedback is massively appreciated. Thanks and much love, my pretties!